Shift Light & Data Logger
- Ultra high brightness red/green/blue LED display that can be panel mounted or attached to a tach with a supplied bracket. The LED display features full spectrum color capability including white with user selected colors for each function and automatic dimming under low light conditions.
- Launch and multi-stage shift light capability. A launch RPM and up to five shift RPM levels can be defined to support up to six gear transmissions. " Gear detection is based on vehicle speed (if a vehicle speed sensor is available) or RPM drop during shift. Vehicle speed based gear detection allows use in applications other than drag racing as it allows correct gear sensing after downshifts.
- Launch detection is based on vehicle speed (if a vehicle speed sensor is available) or a signal from a line lock solenoid.
- Two independent programmable alarm functions for analog inputs. Additional programmable alarm and general purpose control output functions are described in the software section.
- Flexible RPM input compatible with high voltage coil drive (vehicles with coil packs or distributor ignition), standard 12 volt tach signal, or low level logic drive (newer vehicles with coil-on-plug).
- Built-in data logging. Ideal as basic vehicle data logger during dyno tuning or on the track. Logs data whenever system is armed. Stores last 5 minutes of data at 10 samples/second.
- Data logged includes throttle position, RPM, vehicle speed, status of all inputs and outputs, and two 0-5 volt analog inputs.
- 0-5 Volt analog inputs are compatible with Daytona Sensors single or dual channel WEGO II systems for logging wide-band air/fuel ratio data.
- General purpose input/output (GPIO) terminal. The output can be used to trigger a nitrous system or activate high gear retard.
- Heavy duty industrial grade clamping terminal blocks allow easy and reliable hookup without soldering or crimping.
- Compact size: 3.3"L x 2.4"W x 1.1"H (not including mounting feet and terminal block).
- USB interface to laptop PC. Powerful Windows software for programming controller and downloading logged data.
PC Link Shift Software
PC Link software runs under Microsoft Windows 98/ME/XP/Vista. PC Link allows the user to program all functions of the SL-1 system. Minimum PC requirement is a 300 MHz Pentium with super VGA display (SVGA with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution). The SL-1 connects to the PC by means of al USB interface. A USB cable is supplied with the unit. The PC must have a free USB port.
- Used to establish controller scale factors, general setup parameters, multi-stage shift and launch light parameters, and alarm parameters
- Two independent programmable alarm functions for analog inputs. Possible uses include monitoring air/fuel ratio (AFR) values from wide-band system or boost pressure. Scale factors are predefined for common 1, 2, and 3 bar MAP sensors and wide-band AFR systems such as the Daytona Sensors WEGO series.
- Programmable vehicle speed alarm. Possible uses include over-speed alarm or green light function for pit row speed limit.
- General purpose output function. Programmable for use as a control output for functions such as nitrous activation or high gear ignition retard.
- You can download and upload to the module, open and save files to disk, and print setup values. Includes comprehensive on-line help system.
PC Link software is free! You can always download the latest version of the software and instruction sheet from website. The software will run in demo mode without a SL-1 unit attached. For your convenience, we include a copy on CDROM when you purchase the SL-1 system.
Shift Log Software
The SL-1 features comprehensive data logging capability. During initial system checkout and dyno testing, you can display real time engine data on an instrument panel type screen. The SL-1 also stores data for the last 4-1/2 minutes of operation. You can download and display this data on a chart recorder type screen. Data is available for all inputs and output functions. The Shift Log software has the same PC requirements as described above for the PC Link software. For more detailed information, we suggest that you download the Shift Log software and instructions. The software download includes a sample file with actual data.
- Two modes: real time display and chart display of data downloaded from the module.
- Real time display of system and engine data on an instrument panel layout with round tach and speedometer gauges and bar graph gauges for most other parameters. Used for initial system setup and to monitor operation during dyno tuning.
- Chart display for downloaded data allows you to monitor vehicle operation on the track. You have a range of capabilities for analyzing the displayed data.
- You can download data from the module, open and save files to disk, and print chart graphics. Includes comprehensive on-line help system.
|Daytona Sensor Shift Light & Datalogger||